Friday, January 6, 2012

Top 5 Friday: Shampoos


I am constantly asked by friends and family about what products I use.  Everything from hair care to moisturizers to cosmetics.  Every Friday I will be posting my Top 5 of a particular product.  Shampoo is a great place to start.  I am a world traveler so a few items are international but are still available online.  Here we go.




1. One 'n Only Argan Oil Moisture Repair Shampoo

My current obsession is this amazing shampoo infused with Argan oil. For those who are not familiar with Argan oil, it is derived from the Moroccan Argan Tree. The oil, moisturizes your hair without the added weight.  This particular shampoo is sulfate free and leaves your hair silky smooth after just one wash.  The smell is better than any other Argan oil shampoo I have come across.  It is also safe for color treated hair as it leaves your hair soft with no buildup or extra oil.  You only need to use a small amount so it is a great value at around $10.  I purchase this shampoo at a local Sally Beauty Supply but it is also available at your local Ulta.   




2Schwarzkopf Bonacure Q10 Time Restore Shampoo
Ok I know that you are puzzled why a mature hair shampoo made number two on my list.  This shampoo will change every thought you have ever had about your hair.  The website claims, "Q10-PLUS-COMPLEX stimulates the production of vital keratins that would otherwise have been lost over time hair - making true beauty timeless."  It transcends that statement.  A few years ago, I realized my hair was not growing as fast or thick as it did in my youth.  It puzzled me, I am in my twenties and my hair was slowly thinning and growing at a slower rate.  I saw this shampoo at a beauty store in the local mall.  I am a very big fan of any Schwarzkopf products and when I realized it is supposed to stimulate growth, I thought I should give it a try.  Not only does it make your hair grow faster, but it is a great moisturizing and thickening shampoo!  This is also great after removing extensions because it helps to regrow the hair you lost.  It is available on Amazon.com and at specialty salons.   

3 Schwarzkopf Gliss Kur Liquid Silk Gloss Shampoo
Five years ago, on one of my many trips to Germany, I forgot to pack conditioner.  When my best friend took me to the market to find a conditioner, I stumbled upon this brand.  I must admit that at the time I picked it for its soft gentle aroma but I soon came to realize it is an amazing moisturizing shampoo.  The smell leaves your hair perfumed but not with an overpowering scent.  The scent is reminiscent of a grown up version of baby powder.  It leaves your hair silky soft but is also suitable for fine hair.  This particular type of shampoo by Schwarzkopf is not readily available in the United States, however it is available on Amazon.com if you are lucky enough to acquire a bottle before they sell out on a weekly basis. 

4. Frederic Fekkai Essential Shea Shampoo
Frederic Fekkai is a genius.  My younger sister will tell you that I have sworn by this shampoo for years! I am always on the lookout for moisturizing shampoos that do not weigh the hair down.  This is top notch!  The smell is great, you only need a small amount to silken your tresses and the immediate change in your hair texture will impress you.  If you have never tried a Fekkai product, you do not know what you are missing.  All of the products and lines by Fekkai are amazing.  I also recommend the Brilliant Glossing Shampoo for a little more shine and the Protein Rx Reparative Shampoo for those tresses that need a little extra love.  This shampoo is available by various retailers, including Ulta and Nordstrom.


5. Henna Egipcia Shampoo
While on a weekend trip to Mexico this past summer, I was so excited to scour the supermarket for beauty products.  This is my tradition when I visit any country, I want to know what products they offer that are not available in the United States.  I came across this shampoo.  It comes in different types for different hair colors.  Being a blonde, my particular bottle is "Dorado".  The smell is amazing and it really leaves my hair moisturized and glossy.  It makes my tresses soft without any buildup.  This product is made and sold in Mexico but can also be purchased online at Amazon.com.  They sell out fast and the colors vary but if your color is sold out, keep checking back for new stock.



I recommend not using a single type of shampoo for more than two months.  After around two months, your hair will not respond to a particular shampoo the same way it did in the beginning.  This is why I like to keep three types of shampoo to use in rotation to keep my hair fresh and new.  I hope my list was helpful and I look forward to your feedback! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment