Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Make Your Eyes Stand Out With a Less Expensive Alternative

I have been a Dior Diorshow Black Out Mascara addict for years now.  I have long thick eyelashes but I have blonde hair.  See the problem?  When I wear mascara, you can see the roots of my lashes.  My younger sister takes care of this by having her eyelashes dyed (which you can have done at your local Aveda salon at a low cost).  For me, it has not come to that yet but I have decided that my Dior mascara needs to take a little break.  Mostly because it tends not to last as long and costs around $25.  Although nothing will be able to replace the look it gives my lashes (full, no clumps, long lasting, no running, and super super super BLACK pigment).  I slowly started to look for a cheaper alternative for everyday use.  I thought if I could find a daily replacement, I could save my Dior for those Dior moments in my life.  I am here to let you know, I have found a suitable alternative.  The CoverGirl  commercial with Taylor Swift caught my eye.  The newest mascara claimed to be light and use beeswax to keep your lashes light.  On a trip to Target, I breezed through the cosmetics aisle straight to the CoverGirl products.  Alas, there it was, CoverGirl Natureluxe mascara.  I scanned past the usual tones offered (including black), and as the choir of angels sounded, very black!! Only $7.99.  I could not wait to purchase my new mascara and take it home for testing.  I was amazed and happy to report that it works just as well as my Dior. 

I do recommend that you do not purchase the waterproof.  Waterproof mascaras tend to dry out your lashes and contribute to breakage.  This is why many women feel wearing mascara makes their lashes thin.  Make sure to not only moisturize your face everyday but also show your lashes and eyebrows some love too.  I hope you have the same luck I did with this product.  Take my advice, think of your mascara as you do your heels, you need an everyday pair and a special occasion pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment