Saturday, January 7, 2012

Display Your Accessories for Easy Access

The one thing in my life that has always been organized is my closet.  I take pride in my clothing and accessories and I like everything to be colored coordinated.  My scarf collection has always been something of an issue to display.  Here is my solution.

 

Accessory Display

You will need:

Hanging Rail 
Ikea for $2.99

S Hooks
Set of 10 at Ikea for $.99

Screws
1 1/4" purchased at Lowes

Plastic Anchors
1" purchased at Lowes

Phillips Screwdriver

Drill or Hammer

Level


1. Holding your bar on the wall, place your level on top of the bar.  Move the bar until it is level.  Use a pencil to mark the four holes on the rail.

2.  Drill a hole on each pencil marking. (If you do not have a drill, you can use a hammer and a screw to make the hole.  Once you hammer the screw in the wall, remove the screw with the hammer.)

3.  Place a plastic anchor in each hole.

4.  Place the rail on the wall.  Using your screwdriver, screw the screw into the four holes, attaching the rail to the wall.

5.  Hang accessories from the bar or hang by using the S hooks on the rail. 

There you go!! You have a beautiful accessories bar.  I used my bar display my scarves (color coordinated of course!) and my long necklaces.  You can hang hats, purses, scarves, jewelry, anything your heart desires.  The laundry bags you see can be purchased at Ikea for $4.99 each.

1 comment: