Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Add a Little Love to Your Bathroom

I have an addiction to products.  Especially hair and face products.  It has always been a problem for me to organize my bathroom sink because it always looks cluttered with all my products.  I came up with a solution.  I decided to give my bathroom a little love.  Here are my solutions for extra space without the visual clutter.

Over the Top Storage


I wanted to change up the color scheme in my bathroom.  As you can tell from the photo, a full transition has not been achieved just yet.  I decided on black, grey, and Celtics green! The first thing I did was purchase this inexpensive metal storage piece from Target. I placed a plastic basket on top of the tank and filled with extra toilet paper.  I am a firm believer in the toilet paper being visible and easily accessible for guests.

I purchased the three boxes from Ikea.  The two larger boxes were 2/$4.99 and the smaller box was 2/$3.99.  Let me break down how I used these boxes for storage. 

Box #1: Hide your little extras



I used box #1 to store bobby pins, little sample perfumes, room sprays.  Ok, now I know you are wondering about the white box.  It is filled with those feminine care products.  Reusing small boxes like this is a great way to keep those products hidden and tucked neatly away.

Box #2: Hide your perfume
I used box #2 to store all my perfumes.  They are easily accessible but are hidden away so that they do not take up space on your bathroom vanity.

Box #3: Hide your hair utensils
I used box #3 to store all of my hair brushes and combs.  They are nearby for easy access but are not visible and taking up space.


Top Shelf: Keep it simple with a candle that brings color
I bought this candle jar at a local discount store for $.75.  I added a large tealight candle purchased from Ikea a set of 12/$5.99.  When the candle is lit, it gives off a beautiful green glow and the vanilla scent lingers in the room.  


Use top of organizer to hang hair ties and headbands
I hung my hair ties and soft headbands on the top of the storage rack.  This is convenient for me to grab in the morning when washing my face or applying a face mask.  If you do not like the hair accessories visible, you can store them away when guests arrive in one of your three boxes.

  
Add an Extra Shelf

As I mentioned before, I needed somewhere to store all of my products.  I added a shelf to the wall to add that extra space.   I purchased the shelf at Ikea for $1.99 and the brackets for $.50 each.  I used plastic anchors and screws to attach the shelving to the wall.  I displayed my products on the shelf so they are easily accessible but not cluttering my vanity space when I have guests. 


I then added three pictures that I painted free hand (you can see how to do your own here).


I hope these hints were helpful in helping you save some space in your bathroom.  I definitely feel more organized!

After my added organization skills

No comments:

Post a Comment