Friday, January 13, 2012

Top 5 Friday: Lip Balms


It's that time again, Top 5 Friday!  This week I listed my top five lip balms.  During the winter months, it is very important to keep your lips hydrated.  I always carry a few of these products in my purse at all times.  Scarlett Johansson wears lip balm over her lipstick to keep her lips moisturized while on the red carpet.  If you want to make your lips fuller, you can also lightly brush your lips with your toothbrush before applying lip balm.  This brushes away dead skin cells and activates the blood cells in your lips, making them appear fuller and a bit flushed. 




1. Nivea: A Kiss of Milk & Honey

This is my must have lip balm.  I carry one in my purse and keep another next to my bed.  I love the soft smell of honey and it makes my lips soft and silky.  This lip balm is available at any local drugstore (I buy mine at Target) for a few dollars or you can buy a variety pack of three Nivea lip balms at Ulta for $5.99













2. C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

This is my second must have.  I keep this salve handy in my purse for any occasion.  The salve can be used for everything from elbows to hands to feet to lips.  It is a great product and a little goes a long way.  It has a very soft hint of rose aroma and super slick with a tiny bit of shine.  You can purchase this salve at Bath and Body Works for $5.50. 



3.  LUSH Sweet Lips Lip Scrub

Do not be fooled by the words scrub.  This "scrub" is also an amazing lip moisturizer.  You put a little scrub all over your lips, then use your fingertips to scrub.  Then you simply lick your lips, yes that is right, it is completely edible!  It takes like sugar with a hint of chocolate and makes lips soft.  This fresh made product is all natural so the jojoba oil naturally moisturizes your lips.  It is a great thing to keep in your bathroom cabinet to use in the morning or at night before bed.  You only need a very small amount and you can purchase it at LUSH for $8.95.   It is also available in a bubble gum flavor and mint flavor.


4.  Labello Strawberry Lip Balm

Every time I travel to Europe, I stock up on Labello.  This particular one is my favorite.  It gives a subtle tint of red with an amazing strawberry flavor.  Keep this one hidden from your friends because everyone will want to have it.  It is available on Amazon.com for $3.99.







5.  Yes to Carrots Lip Tint

I am not normally crazy about a lip tint, but this one stole my heart.  The lip tint is 95% organic, and paraben free.  My favorite shade is now discontinued but they offer a variety of shades.  The greatest thing about this lip tint is that it has a hint of mint flavor.  They are available at your local drugstore (again I buy mine at Target).  You can also purchase them from Yes to Carrots for $4.49 each.  




There you have it my top five lip balms.  Try a few and let me know what you think.  Happy Friday the 13th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment